The ThoughtStretchers Education Podcast: Science, Truth, And Trust
Drew Perkins talks with Nick Dirks, President and CEO of the New York Academy of Sciences, about today’s challenges in higher education, bias in science and academia, and questions related to trust in science and the authority of experts/expertise.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- NYT Letter to the Editor: Opinion | An Israeli Doctor, Off to War: ‘We Have Nothing Against the People of Gaza’ – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Times Higher Education: Humanists, social scientists must help regulate AI | Times Higher Education (THE)
- The Hill: One judge’s ruling threatens American scientific research | The Hill
- Project Syndicate: Rebuilding Trust in Science by Nicholas B. Dirks – Project Syndicate (project-syndicate.org)
- Project Syndicate: Why “Following the Science” Is Easier Said Than Done by Nicholas B. Dirks – Project Syndicate (project-syndicate.org)
- Nick mission video – The New York Academy of Sciences: Nicholas Dirks and the Academy Mission September 2023 on Vimeo
Listen and subscribe on your favorite podcast player including:
Thank You For Listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below or email me at email@example.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it and please leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you’re listening.