The TeachThought Podcast Ep. 163 Using Purpose And Fiction To Teach History More Effectively
Drew Perkins talks with Kevin Vanzant, history instructor at Tennessee State University, about how he’s adjusted his teaching to better engage his introductory history class students.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Kevin Vanzant @ Tennessee State University
- Quillette: A Professor Speaks Out: How ‘New Left’ Orthodoxy Is Failing a New Generation of History Students
- The TeachThought Podcast Ep. 115 Let’s Talk About What School Could Be (with Ted Dintersmith)
- 4 Key Takeaways From “What School Could Be” (Ted Dintersmith’s book)
- The TeachThought Podcast Ep. 154 Depolarizing America Through Inquiry And Critical Thinking
- The TeachThought Podcast Ep. 162 What Do We Really Mean By “Deeper Thinking And Learning”?
- Better Angels
- Heterodox Academy
- Chloé Valdary @ The New York Times
*Also published at TeachThought.com
Listen and subscribe on:
Also available on Google Music for subscribers!
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it.
Also, please leave an honest review for The TeachThought Podcast!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.