The TeachThought Podcast Ep. 162 What Do We Really Mean By “Deeper Thinking And Learning”?
Drew Perkins talks with Dr. Tim Simpson about classical and constructivist education and how both rely heavily on inquiry in order to get to deeper thinking and learning.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Tim Simpson – Morehead State University
- Michael Polanyi – Polanyi Society
- The Tacit Dimension – Michael Polanyi
- Harry Broudy – The Uses of Schooling
- Contemporary Perspectives on C. S. Lewis’ The Abolition of Man
- Polanyi and the Secular Age: The Promise of Broudy’s “Allusionary Store”
- Harry S. Broudy, “Tacit Knowing and the Uses of Schooling”
*Also published at TeachThought.com
Listen and subscribe on:
Also available on Google Music for subscribers!
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it.
Also, please leave an honest review for The TeachThought Podcast!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.