The TeachThought Podcast Ep. 339 The Case For Combining Inquiry With Direct Instruction
Drew Perkins talks with educational scientist, Ard Lazonder, about his recent paper making the case for combing inquiry with substantial guidance and direct instruction.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Ard Lazonder’s University Web Page
- Paper: Let’s talk evidence – The case for combining inquiry-based and direct instruction
- Inquiry-based learning: Encyclopedia of Education (Fourth Edition) 2023, Pages 630-636
- Ep. 315 How Teaching And Learning Happens (w/ Paul Kirschner)
- Ep. 309 PBL Or Direct/Explicit Instruction, What Works?
Listen and subscribe on your favorite podcast player including:
Thank You For Listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below or email us at email@example.com!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it and please leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you’re listening.