Have an innovative educator job you’d like to post?
Are you an innovative educator looking for a great opportunity?
*Please note TeachThought/TeachThought PD assumes no responsibility for the quality of these posted jobs or applicants.
Open Teaching Positions
High School Math, Special Education, and Elementary Interventionist
Eminence Independent Schools, Eminence, Kentucky
The Eminence Independent Schools district was failing less than a decade ago. Enrollment was declining, and test scores and morale were plummeting in the small, rural, Title 1 district in Eminence, Kentucky. To save the district and the town, Buddy Berry, the superintendent, initiated sweeping changes that were identified by the students themselves.
With community buy-in, the district built a 30,000-square-foot technology-focused building with eight makerspaces to foster personalized learning, made time for students to design and solve real-world problems, and developed an early college program to prepare students for college. The district also adopted a “surprise and delight” culture—focusing on ways to boost student and staff morale. The district’s efforts paid off: Graduation rates and college persistence rates have increased, and enrollment has doubled.
- Achieved 100% College and/or Career Readiness by Kentucky state standards for 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.
- 99.5% of early college program participants are either on track to earn a college degree or have already done so.
- Selected to attend the 2014 ConnectED to the Future Convening at the White House.
Interested in working at Eminence? Contact Superintendent Buddy Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Leadership Positions
Fayetteville High School Principal
Fayetteville Public Schools, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Consistently ranking as one of the highest performing high schools in the state and region with a tradition of continued academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and engaged stakeholders; Fayetteville High School is seeking an exceptional instructional leader with the following characteristics:
- Experience leading a large high school
- Expertise in high school education and advocacy
- Deep knowledge of building and maintaining a student-centered school culture based on research and best practices
- Accomplished work in innovative strategies such as blended teaching and learning that is reflective of the unique needs of all students
- Maintains effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including students, faculty, parents, alumni and community members
- Strategic thinker with effective diplomatic, creative, analytical and proactive leadership skills
- Promotes an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork
- Superb interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Willingness to listen and understand faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Genuine concern for all employees and families of Fayetteville High School
If you have the above characteristics and are interested in applying, please apply online for the “Admin/High School Principal” position. In addition to the application, please email your letter of interest, resume, current licensure, and three professional letters of reference to Greg Mones, Director of Human Resources (email@example.com).
Innovative Educators Looking For Positions
Christopher Start - Middle School or High School Biology, Environmental Science
Christopher Start, M.Ed.
In four short years I converted a text book based, desks in rows classroom into a project- based classroom, built on the Next Generation Science Standards, complete work flex seating and infused with student voice and choice.